Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shinjuku Showdown

Go down

Shinjuku Showdown Empty Shinjuku Showdown

Post by Just ice Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

"Shinjuku. What a shit hole."

Shuichi hated this place. The Red Light District of Tokyo was a hive of scum and villainy long before Quirk users starting coming about into the world, and it only got worse as time went on. Before, it was mostly okay, just a bunch of fake "yakuza" thugs bullying foreigners for money when they came through thinking they could buy a prostitute, but once superpowers were thrown into the mix, those thugs could actually hurt somebody. The true Yakuza still held power over all the businesses, but now, anyone could cause trouble in the streets. Yakuza enforcers often patrolled to help keep even those freaks off their turf, because at the end of the day, if super-powered dumbasses were running around destroying stuff, they're not making any money. Shuichi had heard that the true heads of the Yakuza didn't even show themselves in the light of day anymore, forced to retreat behind layers and layers of defenses and mazes. But Shuichi wasn't here about the Yakuza heads. Instead, he was wanting to buy some information. Shuichi would chuckle to himself. Buying was less the word he was looking for, but more "bargaining" his own skills in place for the information. Both his detective agency and NOX were dirt broke right now. Izuka, the analyst on the team had told him he might have a potential score further down the road, but for now they needed to use what they had.

Which was nothing.

Further and further into the alleyways of Shinjuku he went, passing countless shops with metal windows and doors, most of which closed a few hours prior. It was late, and particularly dangerous at this time of night for most people, but not for Shuichi.
After about 30 minutes of walking, Shuichi approached a small building, indistinguishable from all the others around it, Shuichi only knowing it was the right place because he had been here before a few times. Shuichi would knock on the door, and a small section just at his eye height opened up, revealing a pair of incredibly gray eyes behind them.
"I'm here for card night." Shuichi would say, revealing a small ace of kings from his pocket. The eyes would look from the card and then to Shuichi hurriedly, before closing the small eye hole. A number of locks could be heard unlocking from behind it, and the door would open to reveal a spider x-form behind it, many more gray eyes visible.

"Long time no see "Phantom"." The spider would say. Shuichi would hand him the card as the door closed behind him.
"Yeah, it's been a minute. I need to speak to Glory. Is he in?" Shuichi would ask, the two of them beginning down the hallway.
"Yeah, he's in but he's in one of his moods so good luck getting a straight answer out of him." The spider would chuckle, leading Shuichi to another door, opening that one for him. Shuichi would step in, the door closing behind him. Velvet curtains filled the room, with similar color pillows scattered throughout, the large room looking as if it had hosted many lounges, and possibly orgies.

"Shuichi Enmei. Praise Glory to He, for he has shown me your future." A man would say from behind a mess of curtains. Shuichi would remain in place, and use his mind to gently move the curtains from view to reveal the man he had come here to see. Adam Corellia, or as he had come to be known in Japan as "Glory", sat atop a small pillow throne, three women lounging around him. It was a very stereotypical "caesar on his couch" type of vibe, and Shuichi couldn't help but giggle at the crown Glory had given himself. Glory was pro-hero turned christian evangelical turned undergrown information broker. His quirk allowed him to glance into the future of certain people, but always randomly. Once he met you, he would recieve "visions" (that Glory claims is from God) about you at random. Shuichi had recieved word through his associates that Glory had a vision of him, but would only tell him in person, and for a price.

"Glory. You seem well. Very uhhh, regal in here." Shuichi would say, smirking. Glory thought very highly of himself, and Shuichi was half-convinced he thought he himself was a god. It was very cliche and very annoying, but Shuichi could see his potential usefulness.
"My child, for I have given for god, god now gives to me." He would motion around him, stepping up from his throne to reveal that he indeed have only his boxers on. He would step over the women, towards Shuichi with his arms open.
"Well, he seems to think very highly of you. Isn't sex out of marriage a sin?" Shuichi would raise his eyebrow, nodding toward the women. Glory would laugh once more, patting Shuichi on the shoulder, then shrugging.
"It's more like guidelines, but you know, human error." He would say in a moment of very strange clarity. "But you didn't come here to talk about sinning, did you my child! You came here to know what I saw." Glory would begin the sell and Shuichi would gently remove Glory's hand from his shoulder.
"Yep."
"And my fee?" Glory would ask.

Shuichi would sigh. "About that. I know and respect your fee, but you gotta give me something that'll make me bite." Shuichi would say, beginning to pace around the room, using his telekinesis to gently move pillows out of his way. "How do I know it's not bullshit?"
Glory would laugh once more.
"But of course. I am not an unreasonable man, and you aren't the first to doubt my vision, but you know it never fails." Glory would close his eyes, as if recalling something.
"I will give you one detail and one detail only," Glory would say, "And that it involves Hanna."

Shuichi would stop pacing.

"What do you want for it?" Shuichi would ask. Glory would smile again.
"I know that you came here with no intention to pay my fee. Instead, to answer your unasked question, yes. I am in need of your services. You see, in about 5 minutes, that front door is going to be kicked in by the police. I need you to make a distraction while I escape. If I do, then the information is yours."

Shuichi was floored. "You're telling me you lured me here, damn well knowing you were about to get ambushed, and purposefully drew me into it knowing I couldn't say no? You're a fucking asshole." Shuichi would say, rolling his eyes. Glory would open his arms once more.
"We have a deal?"

Just ice

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum